Monday, February 20, 2012

How not to race a rainy crit, and more videos

I have a couple videos leftover from this weekend. The first is about a 10 minute section of the crit. Like I said before, it was cold, rainy, and pretty miserable, but also a really good experience. I'm definitely more comfortable with rainy races in the future, especially knowing that lower tire pressure really does seem to help.

This video is a great example of how not to race any crit, but especially in the rain. I left the first 7 minutes or so uncut so you can see just how bad it was. Gaps kept opening up and it was taking a lot of energy to come around the guys to make it back up to the main pack. It's a pretty helpless feeling. As soon as I would get behind somebody so that I could take a deep breath, they would drop off and I'd have to come around.

I was really disappointed that my camera stopped filming 45 minutes into the race. It quit just before Joey's crash, which would have been pretty epic to see. I know he was really looking forward to seeing it.



Here is the clip of my crash in normal speed and slow motion.



Here are the last 27 minutes of the road race. I didn't realize how much time I spent in the wind throughout this last part of the race. No wonder my sprint sucked.



Here is the last 4 minutes or so if you don't want to sit through the 27 minute video, which I admit is only going to be interesting if you are in the race, and even then it isn't all that great. The last 4 minutes were pretty animated, so that is why I cut it down.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome footage. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe you were able to stay in the front group in the crit closing so many gaps. With that fitness you should have won!

    ReplyDelete